Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Decorations

I am certainly not a great interior decorator but this year I decided it was time to invest in a few more Christmas decorations for our house.  When I looked at bunches of garland I was quickly discouraged because of the price.  On the low end, a 4' bunch of pine garland was $60 and it quickly went up from there.  I decided to do a little more looking around to see what kinds of options I could come up with for our fireplace mantle.  I found a plain bunch of 4' pine garland for less than $30 (plus an additional 50% off) then I went through the ornaments isle and found stick in ornaments...you know, the ones that have a thin long stick on them so you can place them in the tree rather than hang them.  I am sure they are meant for wreaths and garland and each piece was less than $3. My creation: a mantle Christmas decoration that my husband commented on as, "Sharp". Me: happy.




I also used some snowflakes that we had leftover from our wedding, we got married in February so we had snowflakes in the theme.  They were very inexpensive and very flimsy so I didn't want to put them anywhere the kids or animals could get to them.  Using fishing line or string I attached 3 together in varying lengths to hang from our entry chandelier. I made one string of snowflakes to hang from each light for a whimsical scene at the entrance of our house.



Finally, I went with a random, hodge podge, colorful decoration on our kitchen table chandelier.  I had some beaded garland so I draped and wound it through the chandelier and then hung small colorful ornaments from the string.


Happy Holidays!!

Enjoy food, family and everything else that makes you happy

No comments:

Post a Comment