Sunday, March 9, 2014

Two Bite Peanut Butter Balls

I have been seeing these a lot lately on Pinterest...yes I am a Pin-Addict and I am okay with it. As always, I was very skeptical of trying a recipe off Pinterest. These peanut butter "energy balls" have been popping up quite often so I thought I would give them a try with my own twist and they are superb.  They are a perfect afternoon snack or quick morning breakfast, they have tons of tasty ingredients and overall quite healthy. They are 100 times better than a candy bar, cookie or energy bar from the grocery store or gas station and they are super easy to make and store.  I made a batch and put them in the refrigerator then I pack a couple for both my husband and I to take to work so we have a healthy fulfilling snack if we need it. My mother-in-law looked up the Weight Watchers points and it is 2 points per ball...in case you are on the point system. Not bad for a sweet filling snack...not to mention all the healthy, natural ingredients.

I use natural peanut butter and natural almond butter.  Look at the ingredients...it should have Peanuts or Almonds as the first and main, ideally only ingredient.  If you can find a natural food store and get it fresh off the press - delicious.

Two Bite Peanut Butter Balls
Emmie Loveless
Makes about 26 two-bite balls

1 Cup Oatmeal
1/3 Cup Wheat Germ
1/3 Cup Chia Seeds
1/3 Cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1/3 Cup Honey
1 Teaspoon Vanilla or Almond Extract
1/3 Cup Peanut Butter
1/4 Cup Almond Butter

Mix all of these ingredients together in a medium sized bowl. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator, roll into balls, place in a sealed container and place back in the refrigerator. Enjoy. These should save in the refrigerator for at least a week.

Embrace food, family and everything else that makes you happy

1 comment:

  1. I will try these. Larry always takes granola bars to work for a mid morning snack and these look better and healthier.

    ReplyDelete